The Croagh Patrick Home later Orphanage, was a boy’s home in Orange from 1929 to 1986, admitting girls from 1975. The building first named Llanello was built in 1883 for the Lane family. Llanello was sold in 1914 to the Patrician Brothers, then the Daughters of Charity (1929), the Sisters of Mercy (1969), Kinross Wolaroi School (1989) and finally to the Orange Community Training
and Education Centre (1995).
Badges like this one in the Orange Museum Collection were sold during the 1950-60s as a fundraiser for the orphanage.
The home was named after Croagh Patrick or Patrick’s Stack, an important pilgrimage site in Ireland connected to Saint Patrick.