Indigenous Engagement Days
Note: Due to term 2 days being booked out additional Indigenous education days are being organised please get in contact with Orange Regional Museum with an expression of interest.
During 2018 Orange Regional Museum will work with regional educators and crafts people to deliver engagement days where schools can learn about local Indigenous food, culture and tradition.
Two engagement days will be offer each term. Schools are required to book in for specific days as offered. Days are offered free of charge to schools.
Each day will run from 9.30am-2.15pm and will include:
- Hands-on workshop on bush tucker by Indigiearth
- Traditional weaving workshop with Orange Fibre Artists Group
- Indigenous story telling session with a focus on hunting and gathering
- Tour of exhibition content relating to Indigenous food practices
Term 2 2018
- Tuesday 22 May (booked out)
- Wednesday 23 May (booked out)
Term 3 2018
- Tuesday 14 August (booked out)
- Wednesday 15 August
Term 4 2018
- Tuesday 13 November
- Wednesday 14 November
Bookings via 02 6393 8444 or book online
Places for each day are strictly limited and will be allocated on a first-in first-served basis.
Curriculum connections: History 1-6