Youth Photographic Competition
As part of the Orange Youth Arts Festival 2018 (Oct 2018) and the exhibition Paddock to Plate: a history of food and wine in Orange and district, Orange Regional Museum will be hosting a photographic competition all about FOOD!
Locals aged 13-25 are invited to enter a photograph via instagram using #OrangeFOODgrams.
See below for detailed entry requirements.
Photo entries can be of any picture that is connected to food in the Orange region. This may include meals at local restaurants, family celebrations, family recipes, family meals or favourite foods. The most important criteria is that the photo and the food has a story to go along with it.
Prizes will be up for grabs and winning photographs will be displayed at Orange Regional Museum during the Youth Arts Festival 2018.
All entrants should read the following before posting photographs.
Entrants must be between the ages of 13-25 when posting photos.
All photos must be posted on instagram or emailed directly to email@example.com.
- Photo entries can be of any picture that is connected to food in the Orange region (with in Orange City Council, Blayney or Cabonne Shire areas). The most important criteria is that the photo and the food has a story to go along with it. The story should be a minimum of 25 words – max of 50 words.
- Entrants may post up to three photos. If more are posted the first three will be entered into the competition.
- Photos may include meals at local restaurants, family celebrations, family recipes, family meals or favourite foods.
- When posting your photo please include your name, the hashtag #OrangeFOODgrams and tag @orangeregionalmuseum.
- The photo entry must be free of copyright and indemnify Council for any claim of copyright
- The entrant acknowledges that all photos are for public exhibition and personal information will be disclosed to the public
- Orange Regional Museum reserves the right to delete /cancel any entry that does not meet the above conditions.
Criteria for judging
- All entries will be judged by a panel of local photographers and Museum staff.
- Entries will be judged on photographic merit and connection to the food culture of the region.
- The judge’s decision will be final.
- ORM shall use and take care of any personal information you supply. By entering the Competition, you agree to the collection, retention, usage of your personal information in order for the museum to process and contact you about your Competition entry.
- The top 20 entries will be displayed at Orange Regional Museum during Orange Youth Arts Festival 2018.
- Entrants will be required to sign a permission to publish form giving Orange Regional Museum the rights to reproduce photos for exhibition and marketing materials. Entrants retain copyright over photos.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top five photographs and stories. All top 20 participants will receive certificates of merit.
- Orange City Council are not liable for any loss or damage incurred by an entrant or winner in relation to this competition.