Youth Photographic Competition
As part of the Orange Youth Arts Festival 2018 and the exhibition Paddock to Plate: a history of food and wine in Orange and district, Orange Regional Museum will be hosting a photographic competition all about FOOD!
Locals aged 13-25 are invited to enter a photograph via instagram using #OrangeFOODgrams.
See below for detailed entry requirements.
Photo entries can be of any picture that is connected to food in the Orange region. This may include meals at local restaurants, family celebrations, family recipes, family meals or favourite foods. The most important criteria is that the photo and the food has a story to go along with it.
Prizes will be up for grabs and winning photographs will be displayed at Orange Regional Museum during the Youth Arts Festival 2018.
All entrants should read the following before posting photographs.
- Entrants must be between the ages of 13-25 when posting photos.
- All photos must be posted on instagram or emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When posting your photo please include your name, the hastag #OrangeFOODgrams and tag @orangeregionalmuseum.
- Photo entries can be of any picture that is connected to food in the Orange region (with in Orange City Council, Blayney or Cabonne Shire areas).
- Entrants can post upto three photos. If more are posted the first 3 will be entered into the competition.
- Photos may include meals at local restaurants, family celebrations, family recipes, family meals or favourite foods.
- The most important criteria is that the photo and the food has a story to go along with it. The story should be a minimum of 25 words.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of local photographers and Museum staff.
- Entries will be judged on photographic merit and connection to the food culture of the region.
- The top 20 entries will be displayed at Orange Regional Museum during Orange Youth Arts Festival 2018.
- Entrants will be required to sign a permission to publish form giving Orange Regional Museum the rights to reproduce photos for exhibition and marketing materials. Entrants retain copyright over photos.
- Judges will award prizes to the top five photographs and stories. All top 20 participants will receive certificates of merit.