Sun 30 Apr, 11am-3pm
Wentworth Main Mine, Lucknow
Celebrate the Lucknow picnic, originally held in the 1880s at Wentworth Main Mine.
A day suitable for the whole family to explore Wentworth Mine and learn a little bit more about life in the 19th century.
- Taste – tarts and cakes inspired by the original picnic menu, provided free of charge
- Make – old fashioned lemonade, a hands-on activity for kids
- Create – a botanical arbour, just as they did at the picnic in 1887
- Listen – to music provided by Orange Regional Conservatorium
- Play – traditional games – quoits, skittles, croquet or hula hooping
- Meet – 19th century gold miners and gentry from the Lachlan Living History group
Bring a hamper, hat, sunscreen, picnic and enjoy a day at Wentworth Main Mine
Entry to Wentworth Mine is $2 per adult, children, students and pensioners free.
As an outdoor event Picnic at Wentworth is subject to the weather and will be cancelled in the event of rain.
Part of the 2017 Australian National Heritage Festival Program. Download the complete program here
Image: Picnic at At Cootamundra Show – Cootamundra, NSW, State Library of NSW, 01239
Complete Journeys: people place stories events and activities program can be downloaded here